What Is the Easiest Country to Get a Work Visa in Hospitality? 

You want to get out of the country you currently call home and work in hospitality. Which country will offer you a work visa for your fresh start?

The following countries make it possible to earn your work visa in hospitality:

  • Canada
  • Czech Republic
  • Ecuador
  • Singapore
  • China
  • Ireland
  • Germany
  • The Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Australia

In today’s guide, we’ll walk you through what life is like in these 10 countries and what kinds of hospitality opportunities await you. You won’t want to miss it! 

Want a Work Visa in Hospitality? These 10 Countries Make It Easy!

1. Canada

In Canada, the Express Entry program presents the easiest and fastest opportunity to earn your visa. It can take up to six months to become a permanent resident through this means, but the process is sometimes faster.

You must classify in a Federal Skilled Trade, Canadian Experience Class, or Federal Skilled Worker to be eligible for the Express Entry program. The Federal Skilled Trade does include bakers, butchers, cooks, and chefs among its Minor Groups.

Canada uses a Comprehensive Ranking System to compare eligible candidates against one another.

According to Statistique Canada, as of 2021, the country has over 97,000 restaurants, giving you ample opportunities to break into the hospitality sector. 

2. Czech Republic

If you’re coming from the United States, you can immigrate to the Czech Republic without a visa using visa-free travel. However, this only applies for 90 days. Should you wish to stay longer, you’ll need a Schengen or Tourist Visa.

Hospitality and food service are two of the most popular jobs in the Czech Republic besides education, social work, health, and communication and information technology. 

3. Ecuador

Like the Czech Republic, Ecuador offers 90-day visas to current US residents who want to experience life here. If you wish to stay longer, you’ll have to apply for a visa through the Consulates or Embassies of Ecuador. 

That will require you to make an appointment at the Consulate or Embassy to discuss what’s required to apply for a visa, including the proper paperwork. 

Once you have the documentation, you can complete your visa application form, send it in, and pay the visa fee ($50 to $400 USD). Wait for the Consulate or Embassy to confirm or deny your application, which will happen via email.

If you receive a visa, you’ll get it through email as well. You can download and print the visa and then prepare for your new life in Ecuador working in the hospitality sector. 

You should apply for either a Temporary Resident Visa or a Permanent Resident Visa depending on how long you plan to stay. The Temporary and Permanent Resident Visas allow you to apply for a work visa.

4. Singapore

Singapore had 13,736 food and beverage establishments in 2020, according to Statista, and that number is on the rise. 

The country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs requires all entrants into the country to have a visa if they’re coming from the following places:

  • Yemen
  • Pakistan
  • Iran
  • Egypt
  • Nigeria
  • Iran
  • Tunisia
  • Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
  • Morocco
  • India
  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
  • Turkmenistan
  • Mali
  • Tajikistan
  • Libya
  • Moldova
  • Belarus 
  • Georgia
  • Lebanon
  • Sudan
  • Armenia
  • Bangladesh
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Somalia
  • Algeria
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Russia
  • Afghanistan
  • Syria
  • Kosovo

You must send your visa application 30 days before you arrive in Singapore. You can apply online if you’re a Permanent Resident or Singapore Citizen over 21 years old with a SingPass account or if you have a local sponsor.

You can also visit the Consular with an appointment or mail your application.

Singapore has many jobs in hospitality, so it’s a great place to live and work! 

5. China

If you specialize in preparing authentic Chinese food, what better place to work than in China? Beijing alone has thousands upon thousands of restaurants, granting you exceptional options for your dreams of working in hospitality. 

For a business visa in China, you must submit the following documentation: 

  • A military statement if you’ve ever been involved in the military 
  • A Where You Stay form
  • Your criminal record
  • Any previous visas (as applicable)
  • A proof of state residency
  • A business cover letter
  • A letter of invitation
  • A photograph of yourself that’s 33 millimeters wide and 48 millimeters tall
  • A copy of your passport

6. Ireland

Cork, Limerick, and Dublin are among the three most popular cities for working and living in Ireland, but you have the whole country to explore if you can get a work visa in hospitality. 

IBISWorld states that, as of 2023, Ireland has approximately 8,576 takeaway businesses and restaurants across the country. 

The Irish Embassy processes visa applications. You can apply for your visa online from your home country, making it convenient to kickstart the process. 

You must include two photographs of yourself between 35 and 38 millimeters wide and 45 to 50 millimeters tall. Up to 80 percent of the photo must include your face. 

Further, you need a copy of your current passport that will be valid within the next six to 12 months depending on the projected time you’re staying in Ireland. You also must include supporting documentation.

The documents you send can be in Irish or English. 

7. Germany

The hospitality industry is booming in Germany. Statista found that the country had 65,090 restaurants in 2020, so the chances to get your big break in the hospitality industry are plentiful. 

If you live in the Republic of Korea, Switzerland, New Zealand, Japan, Israel, Canada, Australia, or the United States, you can apply for a residence permit in Germany (which will allow you to work in the country) once you get to Germany. You shouldn’t need a visa to be permitted entry.

However, some German Aliens’ Authorities ask for a visa even though they shouldn’t, so contact your consulate or embassy to confirm whether you need a visa. 

If you’re a specialist or manager or have special technical knowledge, you have a higher chance of being accepted for a work visa in Germany. The country doesn’t accept just anyone but those who can fill skilled professional roles the country may lack. 

8. The Netherlands

If you’re interested in opening your own restaurant or hospitality business, the Netherlands just may be the place to do it. You can apply for a single-year residency to start a business in this country. 

Should you succeed, after your visa is up after a year, you can apply for a self-employed work permit to remain in the Netherlands for as long as you wish. 

Besides the entrepreneur visa, you might also be interested in exploring the highly skilled migrant scheme visa for talented pros who wish to undergo further training. 

9. New Zealand

Do you live in the US and you’re eager for a new opportunity? Have you always wanted to live and work in New Zealand? The country allows you to enter for a year via a holiday pass if you’re between the ages of 18 and 30. 

If you want to make your hospitality dreams come true with a work visa, you can apply for one of those too. Most work visas offer multi-year residencies of around three years but can require up to eight months of processing. 

You’ll also have to pay a processing fee of $700 NZD, which is $432 USD.  

10. Australia

Australia offers holiday passes to US residents who want to come down under. You can also apply for several temporary work visas.

The first is the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa, which lasts between two and four years. Australia must prove it cannot find viable applicants in its own country before it opens up these kinds of visas. You must be under 45 years old with two or more years of work experience to be eligible.

A Skilled Regional or Provisional Visa allows you to work in Australia if you’re a skilled worker. The Temporary Work Visa is for specialists looking for a short stay.


If you’re interested in obtaining a work visa in hospitality, you have an incredible array of options to explore. You can live from coast to coast and find a visa that allows you to experience life in a different country. 

We hope this article gives you lots of great travel ideas! 

You Want To Open A Restaurant But Have No Idea Where To Start From?

Discover In This Free Report What You Should Know Before Spending A Penny!

You Want To Open A Restaurant, But Have No Idea Where To Start From?

Get my book ” The Ultimate Guide To Opening A Restaurant Business” and discover all you should know about this industry before spending a penny.